Start here- Outage Reports:
Slow / Spotty Internet?
First. Do a speed test. From your computer, go to www.speedtest.net. Do three speed tests and write down your results.
Second. Reset your network. Reset your Modem, Router and Access Points.
Check for a temporary service interruption.
- There may be an outage in your area. Wait 15 to 30 minutes and try to get on the Internet again.
- In some cases, service may be interrupted due to non-payment.
Unplug the modem, then plug it back in.
- Unplug the modem’s power cord. Not sure which is the power cord? Look here
- Count to 30, which lets the modem power down.
- Plug it back in.
- Wait three minutes for the modem to initialize the connection.
- Now unplug your Router.
- Wait 2 minutes for the Router to initialize the connection.
- Open your web browser. Then try to open a reliable web page, such as www.google.com.
Refresh your computer’s Internet signal (IP address)
When your computer connects to the Internet, it is assigned an Internet Protocol address (IP address), usually a different address each time you connect. If you’re experiencing slow or no signal, the problem may be resolved by refreshing your computer’s IP address.
- For Windows operating systems, see Setting Up an Internet Connection in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- For Mac OS X, see Managing an Internet Connection in Mac OS X.